SUNY Downstate Medical Center’s Department of Psychiatry in Brooklyn, NY is conducting a research study sponsored by the NIMH (National Institute of Mental Health). Research has shown that genes can make some people more likely than others to develop OCD and related disorders. The goal of this study is to identify these genes.
- 7 years of age old or older.
- Have symptoms or a diagnosis of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and Related Disorders (Hoarding Disorder, Body Dysmorphic Disorder, Hair Pulling Disorder/Trichotillomania, and Skin Picking Disorder/Excoriation Disorder).
- Complete a screening questionnaire on personal and family health history.
- Be interviewed by a clinician about your symptoms.
- Give a small blood sample (about 3 tablespoons).
- Be compensated for your time and effort.
If you are interested in learning more about this study, please contact SUNY Downstate Medical Center at:
All inquiries are confidential
Click here to download a flyer containing all information.