2021 ANNUAL REPORT
Dear Friends & Members,
In November 2021, OCD Connecticut relocated from Old Saybrook to the Fairfield/Trumbull area, and a new Executive Board was elected: Laura Damm and Anne Yacoviello (Co-Presidents), Urb Leimkuhler (Vice-President), and Rocco Clericuzio (Treasurer and Webmaster).
We want to thank the previous board for all their hard work and commitment during their tenure.
The Clinical and Scientific Advisory Board members, led by Christina Taylor, Ph.D. and Diane Sholomskas, Ph.D., who will continue to serve, include Amy Cawman, LCSW, Heidi Grantz, LCSW, Christopher Pittenger, MD, Ph.D., and Denis G. Sukhodolsky, Ph.D.
OCD Connecticut will continue to focus on its mission: “Serving adults, children, and families in Connecticut living with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder by promoting early intervention and expanding awareness, treatment, and research.”
Our goals and priorities are the following:
- OCD Awareness Week program of activities.
- Increase communication/outreach to:
- Notify communities throughout the State of Connecticut.
- Increase our membership.
- Assess activities/program needs for future development.
- Track IOCDF and affiliate best practices for potential OCD Connecticut adaptation.
- Pursue grant programs and donations to enable an expanded scope of OCD Connecticut activities.
- Develop additional OCD Connecticut website functions and features.
- Strengthen administrative practices and controls.
- Recruit volunteers.
In 2022, we plan to attend the IOCDF conference in Denver and organize a walk and host an awareness and educational event, both during OCD Awareness Week in October.
Communication via email will be ongoing with both members and non-members. We realize the need for support for families living with OCD is crucial in our state. Our website www.ocdct.org is consistently updated to include current OCD research in the state, events, studies, and listings of local providers and support groups within our state. In addition, our Facebook page and Twitter account are our other outlets for providing information.
OCD Connecticut is excited for the upcoming year and looks forward to growing membership and continuing to be a resource for people in the State of Connecticut.
Laura Damm, Co-President Anne Yacoviello, Co-President
Urb Leimkuhler, Vice-President Rocco Clericuzio, Treasurer and Webmaster